Still seeking adult volunteers to help with the race! Consider being part of the team that makes this race happen!
2013 Volunteer Info Coming soon!
The date for this year’s 22nd Annual Granite Kid Triathlon has been set for Saturday, July 20, 2013. The triathlon is traditionally held annually on the 3rd Saturday in July.
This race is truly a unique event that focuses on encouragement and achievement and also rewards those participants who put forth great determination and perseverance. Parents, friends and family cheer on the participants as our young racers discover what they are capable of. The day starts out as bodies are marked with the numbers, swim caps and bib numbers are distributed, bikes are placed in their racks, and the anxiety that precedes the start begins to build. The first wave of swimmers hits the water and the cheers and words of encouragement continue until every last finisher has crossed the line.
The triathlon will begin and finish at Brewster Beach which is located on Clark Road in Wolfeboro. The annual race regularly draws upwards of 100+ first young triathletes (many of them first-timers) from throughout New England. The race gets more popular each year, so register early to ensure your spot.
Schedule for Race Day
7:15am Volunteer and Staff Meeting @ Brewster Beach
7:30am Course setup
8:00am Race Day check in starts. All racers must check in, even if already registered.
8:30am Registrations end
8:50am Pre Race Meeting for 3-5 year olds
9:00am 3-5 Year old race starts
9:20am Pre Race meeting for 6-16 year olds
9:30am 6-16 Year old race starts in 2 minute waves
The race starts at beautiful Brewster Beach on Clark Rd in Wolfeboro and involves a variable length swim (see map below), 1.5 mile bike ride and a 4/5 mile run. 3-5 year olds do a wade in shallow water, followed by a bike/trike in the parking lot and ending with a run around the parking lot. The event is open to kids aged 3-16 and we welcome first time triathletes as well as more experienced racers.
- Have fun! The race is about fun and expanding your potential. Don't worry about how you will place or if you are nervous in front of all of these spectators.
- All participants must have signed waiver--provided at check-in table.
- Training wheels are not permitted on the full-length course for 6-16 year olds due to instability and safety concerns related to their use.
- Training wheels (as well as tricylces and "big wheels") are allowed on the slower and more gradual 3-5 year old course.
- No wetsuits
- Swim cap (provided by organizers) must be worn during swim.
- Racers aged 6-16 must complete race unassisted by parents or others. Racers receiving assistance in changing area, along course, etc... will not be eligible to place.
- Racers aged 3-5 may be assisted in changing area by parents or guardian.
- Have fun and cheer on all of the racers!
We suggest bringing the following items to the race:
- clothing for bike and run segment (many participants choose to wear swimsuit with t-shirt)
- running shoes (any closed-toe shoe will do, running shoes are best)
- bicycle (tricycles, training wheels and "big wheels" permitted for 3-5 year olds only)
- bicylce helmet--can't race without it!
- water bottle
- small wash basin or bowl (to rinse sandy feet in as you change between swim and bike portion)
Race Day Info:
- No parking on Clark Rd. The bike route follows Clark Rd and having cars parked there creates unsafe conditions for our racers.
- No pets.
- Race registrations will not be accepted after 8:30am.
- Race check in (for registered racers) ends at 8:45am.
- Race will start promptly at 9am with the pre-race meeting.
- Parents: we know you want to encourage your child--and get great race pictures as well. Please observe all posted signs and barriers to keep the course clear and safe for all of our racers.
- Cheer loud and have fun!
Registration for the race typically starts on April 1 each year. To register for the race, register online or download paper registration materials here, starting on April 1. Registration forms are also available at Wolfeboro and Tuftonboro Town Halls and Libraries. If you have any questions about the race
please call the Wolfeboro Department of Parks and Recreation at 603-569-5639.
Granite Kid Map
Click on the color coded lines on the map to get course information.
View Granite Kid Triathlon Route in a larger map