|The date for the 24th Annual Turkey Trot 5K has been set for Saturday, November 21,
2015. The race is traditionally held on the Saturday before Thanksgiving each year. Come join hundreds of Wolfeboro residents and visitors in a fun fall tradition--The Turkey Trot!
- There are three divisions for the race:
- 2K Kids Run
- 5K Run
- 5K Walk
- All race divisions start and end at the Railroad Depot on Railroad Ave. in Downtown Wolfeboro, NH.
- The race proceeds benefit the Gift of Warmth Fund, which helps local families with heating costs and other needs incurred during the winter months.
- Co-sponsored by the Wolfeboro Department of Parks and Recreation and the Wolfeboro Lions Club.
- Fees: 12 and under $15, 13 and older $20. $30 for all divisions after November 13. Payable to Wolfeboro Lions Club
- Registrations returned to Wolfeboro Parks and recreation, PO Box 629, Wolfeboro, NH 03894
- Free shirt for the first 125 to register!
- Awards: Top three in each age category for the 2K Run and the 5K Run. No awards for 5K Walk.
- Award given for brightest outfit--it's hunting season!
Schedule for Race Day
7:00am Volunteer and Staff Meeting @ Railroad Depot
8:30am Race Day check in starts. All racers must check in, even if already registered. Race day registartion ends 15 minutes prior to each race start time.
9:55am Kids Run Pre Race Meeting. Instructions and rules for the race will be given.
10:00am Kids 2K Run starts
10:15am 5K Walk starts
10:30am 5K Run starts
Awards ceremony and refreshments following the race!
The race will be held rain, snow or shine!
Have fun! The race is about fun and expanding your potential. Don't worry about how you will place or if you are nervous in front of all of these spectators.
All participants must sign Wolfeboro Parks and Recreation waiver--provided at check-in table.
Have fun and cheer on all of the racers!
We suggest bringing the following items to the race:
- running shoes
- water bottle
- warm layers--it's November!
- cash for raffle, contests, etc...
- 2 canned goods per person to donate for the Run For Food Series.
Race Day Info:
- Please observe all posted "No Parking" signs. Cars parked illegally will be ticketed and towed. Click here to view the start/finish layout.
- We reccomend parking along Main St, or at the new municipal parking lot at the end of Glendon Street. Parking will be very limited around Depot Square.
- No pets.
Registration for the race typically starts on October 1. To register for the race, download a brochure here Registration forms are also available at Wolfeboro and Tuftonboro Town Halls and Libraries. If you have any questions about the race please call the Wolfeboro Department of Parks and Recreation at 603-569-5639.
View Wolfeboro Turkey Trot 5K Route in a larger map