The date for the Annual Abenaki WInter Triathlon has been set for Saturday, February 23, 2019.
Register Online Here!
This race is truly a unique event that focuses on encouragement and achievement and also rewards those participants who put forth great determination and perseverance. Taking place at Abenaki Ski Area in Wolfeboro, NH, the race attracts competitors from throughout New Hampshire and beyond.
The race consists of the following 3 legs:
1/2 mile snowshoe up the Freeway Trail and down the Main Trail of Abenaki Ski Area.
2.78 mile (4.4K) XC Ski Loop on the Abenaki XC Ski Trail network. The route goes in a counter-clockwise loop starting and ending at the base of Abenaki Ski Area. View and print a map here. The route goes as follows:
- Up Almost Thayer Trail
- Stay right onto The Climb
- Right on Grand View
- Right on Upper Bog Hill Run
- Cross Filter Bed Road (there is usually a small amount of snow left on the road crossing)
- Take Lower Bog Hill Run to the left
- Stay right onto Home Run
- Return to Abenaki Ski Area base
- View and print a xc ski map here.
1 mile lap ice skate in the adjacent Pop Whalen Ice Arena.
Race Day Schedule
- 8:00am--8:45am Athlete check-in at Abenaki Lodge (required)
- 8:45am New registrations end.
- 8:55am Race Information Meeting
- 9:00am Start!
Awards 20 minutes after last competitor crosses finish line.
- To Bring
- XC skis (Classic or Skate)
- Ice Skates
- Appropriate outdoor wear for being outside in winter weather
- Water, snacks
The race takes place rain or shine. If snow conditions do not allow for the XC trails to be opened, the race will be cancelled on the Thursday prior to the event and race fees will be refunded. Cancellation information will be posted on this web page or by calling 603-569-5639.
Following the race, the Ski Area and Ice Arena will be open to the public, so come prepared to spend some time in Wolfeboro's Winter Wonderland!