At the April 29, 2020 Board of Selectmen meeting six Task Forces were formed to provide guidance in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Below is a summary Task Force outcomes.
Task Force 1 – Independence Day Parade & Fireworks
Events have been cancelled.
Task Force 2 – Granite Kid and Granite Man
The Granite Kid Triathlon has been cancelled.
The Granite Man Triathlon decision to be made June 17, 2020.
Task Force 3 – Town Beaches
Albee, Carry, and Brewster beaches will remain closed. Decision to be made by June 3, 2020.
Task Force 4 – Parks & Recreation Summer Programs
All summer programs have been cancelled.
Task Force 5 – Temporary Events
All events are being evaluated on a case by case basis.
Task Force 6 – Social Distancing
- The Board of Selectmen approved 5 minute parking for take-out purposes – Map forthcoming
- Signage has been ordered and shall be installed upon delivery.
- Picnic tables are being placed throughout town as a dining option – Map forthcoming.
- Touchless trash receptacles have been order to place in these areas.
- Additional signage has been order promoting “Social Distancing” & “Usage of Face Coverings”.
I would like to thank the staff and members of these Task Forces for the effort put forward to keep our citizens safe during these uncertain times.
James Scott Pineo