The Town of Wolfeboro’s water distribution system consists of approximately 57 miles of pipeline, 260 fire hydrants, 2000 service connections to include residential and commercial, 200 seasonal connections, a pressure reducing station located on Pine Hill Road, a 1,000,000 gallon storage tank located on North Line Road, a 500,000 gallon storage tank on McManus Road and a small booster pump station at the end of Middleton Road. Maintenance of the system is very extensive to include hydrant flushing in the fall and spring, leak detection and repair, seasonal line maintenance and reading meters. The division currently has (5) full-time employees which also have maintenance responsibility for the sewer collections systems. The State of NH mandates the system to have at least one certified operator to run the system and encourages all to be certified. We currently have (5) certified operators in our system:
- Scott Pike Assistant DPW Director, NH Grade III Distribution
- Mike Potenza Water and Sewer Foreman, NH Grade II Distribution
- Mike Potenza is also a certified Backflow Preventer Tester
- Randy Lampron Meter Reader, NH Grade II Distribution
- Janine Gillum Chief Operator of the Water Treatment Plant, NH Grade I Distribution
- Jason Emert Maintenance, NH Grade I Distribution
Any questions or concerns about water quality please feel free to contact our staff at 569-8155.