View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
Duties & Responsibilities
The Selectmen are the Chief Elected Officials of the Town, and they have a fiduciary responsibility to the Town to implement the decisions made by the voters at the Annual Town Election and to prudentially manage the Town’s financial affairs. These duties and responsibilities are spelled out in RSA Chapter 41.
In addition to these general fiduciary and oversight responsibilities, the NH Revised Statutes, Annotated (RSA’s) vest the Board of Selectmen with a variety of specific powers, such as:
- Setting Fees
- Regulating Town roads and commons
- Laying out Town roads
- Establishing welfare guidelines
- Regulating use of Town property
- Appointing the Town Manager
- Appointing members of many Town Boards and Committees
- Setting up the polling place for Town elections
- Posting the Annual Town Warrant
*All Meeting Minutes are Approved unless otherwise noted.
|Amy Capone Muccio||Executive Assistant||569-8161|