The 39th Annual Granite Man Triathlon has been canceled for 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The 39th Annual Granite Man Triathlon is on Saturday, August 15, 2020. The triathlon is traditionally held on the 3rd Saturday in August.
The triathlon will begin and finish at Carry Beach which is located on Forest Road in Wolfeboro. The annual race regularly draws upwards of 350 triathletes from throughout New England and as far away as France. The race gets more popular each year, so register early to ensure your spot. We do not accept race day registrations for Granite Man!
The race starts at beautiful Carry Beach on Forest Road in Wolfeboro and involves a ¾ mile swim, 15 mile bike ride and a 4.2 mile run. The event is open to individuals and teams, and we welcome first time and experienced racers. Go ahead and challenge yourself by registering and training for this fun event.
The triathlon’s proceeds sustain the Albert Dow III scholarship which is awarded to “that Kingswood High School Graduate who exemplifies unselfish devotion to the service of mankind.” Albert Dow III gave the ultimate sacrifice, his life, in the mountain search and rescue of two complete strangers on January 25, 1982. The Scholarship Fund memorializes both Albert’s heroic acts and his outstanding life while seeking to inspire others with his acts of service and selfless devotion.
Schedule for Race Day
5:30am Volunteer and Staff Meeting @ Carry Beach
6:30am Race Day check in starts. All racers must check in, even if already registered.
8:30am Race Day check in ends.
8:45am Pre Race Meeting. Instructions and rules for the race will be given.
12:00pm Awards begin
- Have fun! The race is about fun and expanding your potential. Don't worry about how you will place or if you are nervous in front of all of these spectators.
- All participants must sign Wolfeboro Parks and Recreation waiver--provided at check-in table.
- No wetsuits.
- Swim cap (provided by organizers) must be worn during swim.
- Bike helmets required.
- No Drafting (Bike Section)
- Have fun and cheer on all of the racers!
We suggest bringing the following items to the race:
- clothing for bike and run segment (many participants choose to wear swimsuit with t-shirt)
- running shoes
- bicylce helmet--can't race without it!
- bike pump and small repair kit
- water bottle
- small wash basin or bowl (to rinse sandy feet in as you change between swim and bike portion)
Race Day Info:
- Please observe all posted "No Parking" signs. Cars parked illegally will be ticketed and towed.
- The bike route follows Forest Rd and having cars parked illegally there creates unsafe conditions for our racers.
- No pets.
- Our local bike shop, Nordic Skier Sports, will be on site to provide technical assistance and to sell basic spare parts to racers. Please stop by their stand and thank them for supporting recreation in Wolfeboro!
Registration for the race typically starts on April 1. To register for the race, regsiter online above or download paper registration materials here, starting on April 1. We do not accept race day registrations.Registration forms are also available at Wolfeboro and Tuftonboro Town Halls and Libraries. If you have any questions about the race please call the Wolfeboro Department of Parks and Recreation at 603-569-5639.
Click here for all Race Results
Granite Man Triathlon Route